Lifeguard Training & Employment
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training & EmploymentLife Guard Training at the Macomb Township Recreation CenterThis American Red Cross course will teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies in Shallow Water Pool Facilities. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive certifications in Shallow Water Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED.
Our Aquatic Center hires Certified Lifeguards and Swim Instructors YEAR ROUND. We thought you may be interested in learning how easy it is to become a lifeguard. We don’t require you to be a champion swimmer. In fact, because we are a shallow water pool the pre-requisites for lifeguard certification are more obtainable than you would expect. Better yet, we are offering a free swim clinic to help you be successful in obtaining your lifeguard certification. You MUST enroll in our Lifeguard Training class to be eligible to participate in the swim clinic.
The pre-requisites for the Lifeguard Training class are:
- Be 15 years of age or older by end of the class.
- Swim continuously 200 yards freestyle.
- Tread water 2 minutes using only your legs.
- Complete a timed swim and brick retrieval at a depth of 5 feet.
Your adventure begins here!
Lifeguard Training Class Policies
- Participants MUST be 15 years or older by the LAST DAY OF CLASS.
- Participants MUST wear a 1-piece swim suit or swim trunks.
- Participants MUST be in attendance for entire session.