Green For Life Environmental provides trash pickup in Macomb Township.
Our residents now have a direct line into GFL Waste Services. This dedicated line will be staffed with personnel who know our contract and services inside and out and can answer your questions with ease. They can be reached by phone at:
You can submit any trash pickup concern online by clicking here.
GFL Environmental online bill pay site
This site is external and run by GFL Environmental. Direct all billing questions to GFL Environmental.
CLICK HERE for the latest newsletter from GFL.
Between trash, recycling, and yard waste, it can get confusing to figure out what goes where. Below you'll find a breakdown of each service to help you ensure things are being done correctly and avoid loads that are able to be picked up.
- Regular trash should be put into bags and placed in the 95-gallon cart provided by the service provider. Trash can also be placed in a 32-gallon plastic or metal container.
- In a 95-gallon cart, trash shouldn't weigh more than 200 pounds. In a 32-gallon container, it shouldn't exceed 60 pounds.
- Trash needs to be put out by 7 a.m. on your service day and placed at least 3-4 feet from mailboxes, trees, vehicles, or other obstructions.
Clean, uncontaminated recyclable materials can all be placed together in your recycling bin. Make sure to put it out 7 a.m. on your collection day.
The following CAN be recycled:
- Plastics – containers with codes 1 through 7
- Clear & colored glass, no broken glass/panes, drinking glasses. Please remove all plastic and metal lids
- Metal including cans, pots, pans, etc.
- Paper, newspaper, phone books, magazines and brown paper bags
- Cardboard – cut into 2’x 2’ pieces and tied in bundles
- Paper board and box board (i.e. cereal, tissue, shoe box) - flattened and stuffed in biggest box or bundled
- Milk or Juice Cartons
The following CAN NOT be recycled:
- Packing materials
- Propane Tanks
- Paint cans
- Medical Waste
- Flammable liquids
- Household cleaners
- Dry or liquid chemicals
- Wood items
- Plastic Bags
- Yard waste pick-up begins April 1 of each year and ends the second full week in December.
- It needs to be ready for pick up by 7 a.m.
- Yard waste must be put into a separate 95-gallon cart or 32-gallon plastic or metal container with a yard waste sticker on the side. It can also be placed in biodegradable bags.
- 95-gallon carts can't weigh more than 175 pounds, 32-gallon containers can't weigh more than 60 pounds, and bags shouldn't exceed the manufacturer's capacity limit.
- Brush and tree limbs should be bundled and tied with heavy twine or rope.
- Bundles should not exceed 4 feet in length, 18 inches in diameter, and 60 pounds in weight.
|Accepted Yard Waste||NOT Accepted Yard Waste|
|Lawn cuttings||Large stumps|
|Pruning waste||Animal feces|
GFL observes the following holidays.
If the holiday falls on a weekday, your scheduled service day will be delayed by one day.
New Years Day
Fourth Thursday in November
Last Monday in May
First Monday in September